Friday, June 26, 2009

Dog & Pony Show

I clearly see how I have allowed myself to be a part of a Dog and Pony Show and how I helped the show go on. I felt relieved, the light came on, then such a feeling of joy and empowerment to realize I don’t have to participate. What a freeing concept!

I had put a name, symbol to the life I have been living and I knew it had to end. Who in their right mind would live in a Dog and Pony Show? Once I can see something for what it is without the confusion of my own victim wounding, it makes it easier to start taking action.

“Dog and pony show was a colloquial term used in the United States in the late-19th and early-20th centuries to refer to small traveling circuses that toured through small towns and rural areas. The name derives from the typical use of performing dogs and ponies as the main attractions of the events. - Wikipedia

“Dog and pony show in relationship terms means one or both partner(s) has been programmed/trained to be a victim to play along with the other partner’s abuse, lies and deceit. Thus making a complete mockery of their marriage and lives. It makes everything look as if they are the perfect couple and have a wonderful life; when in fact they are bankrupt emotionally, psychically and physically.” – Gayle Powell

In order, to be all I can be, I must be done with this in my LIFE! It is distracting me from what I came here to do and like a weed, it needs to be yanked out, so only the beautiful flowers can GROW!

More to come -
How does this happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment